Thursday, July 2, 2009

We've made it to the 2nd Trimester!





Warning....rambling in progress.

Today I had my 14 1/2 week doctors appointment. I still dread these appointments, and getting there and having to wait 2 hours to be seen didn't help matters any. But...it was well worth the wait in the end. My nurse, Sandy, is probably one of the nicest people on the planet. She was there with me during both miscarriages and was finally there today at a "good" appointment. She's been out or busy for all of my previous visits. I do not like the other nurse! Anyway, after our two hour wait, she took Mike and I back. HUGE RELIEF! I have been having blood pressure issues when I'm at the doctor's office. The other nurse just looks at me, says "its high" and walks out telling the doc I have a problem and getting me even more worried. Sandy....."honey, close your eyes, take a deep breath, count to twenty......" Then asks if I'm nervous and talks...yeah, a nurse that actually talks...to me about my past and gives me the pep talk about how everything is going to be great this time. Blood pressure = OK (not perfect, but ok). Doc comes in (I love the doc just as much.) everything is great. Baby's heartbeat is loud and clear and at 150ish beats a minute. As we are leaving, Sandy stops us and tells us not to leave yet. She's set up a FREE sonogram just to reassure me AGAIN that everything is great with the baby! It was awesome. She even did half of it in 3D! That's an extra $150 bucks if we had scheduled it. The baby is still "standing" up with its feet down. It was jumping around like crazy and being pretty cooperative with the sono tech. It never would turn to face us, but seeing bones today was quite amazing. We got a pretty good view of whether its a boy or girl today as well. 14wks is still early, but it looks like we might be having a little girl. (Sandy has said that from day 1)

Anyway, it was a very exciting visit and I pray that Sandy is around at most of my future appointments. My next visit will be the big official 20 week sonogram. I am already excited. Yay, I'm excited and not nervous!!

1 comment:

  1. :) This is awesome news you guys! You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. I can't wait to meet my newest little niece. :)

    ReplyDelete